How lovely that I have been nominated by Sarah Ryan (A lifetime’s exploration blog) for the Versatile Blogger Award – thank you! She has lots of great travel stories to read, do check out her blog. This award really is a great way for bloggers to appreciate and support each other.
The rules are:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging
- Let the nominated bloggers know that they have been nominated for this award
- Share 7 random facts about yourself
- Thank the blogger who has nominated you
- Add the Versatile Award picture to your post
7 random facts about myself:
- My best friend and person I couldn’t live a day without is my sister.
- I have more than 2 passports.
- I really don’t know where my home is.
- I love watching TV series, fine-dining and cocktails.
- I played the piano since I was 5 years old and have taken violin, singing, clarinet and drum lessons.
- I’m a neat freak.
- All about personal growth, being a better person and making people feel good about themselves.
Here are 15 great bloggers that i’d like to nominate:
- The Travelling Brit
- Everyday Curiosity
- Transplanted Tatar
- Artist. Hippie. Cali. Chick
- Flying with Life
- Coti’s Travels
- This Man’s Journey
- Hunting for Bliss
- A Travelling Epicure
- 1 Girl 50 States
- Two Flightless Birds
- In and Out of Weeks
- 23 and Unfunny
- Simple Pleasures
Also a big thank you to Elisa (Eat Travel Photograph blog) for nominating me for the Liebster Award, i’m really grateful!
The rule is to nominate 11 bloggers with 200 followers or less, give 11 random facts about myself, answer the 11 questions and ask 11 questions to the nominees!
Here are my answers to Elisa’s questions:
1. When and why did you start blogging?
Several months ago I decided I needed to be more creative and I missed writing. Sharing my photos and travel tips during all my travels seemed like the perfect solution!
2. What is your favourite aspect of travelling?
Meeting new people, feeling brave and independent, exploring new cultures/places and trying new foods!
3. What is the best food you have ever had and where?
Most definitely Thai food – the best! I’ll take all of it Mostly eating out in Bangkok.
4. What makes a place/trip/experience memorable?
It’s the people and friendships i’ve made, whether it’s the start of a new one or making an already existing one even stronger. Nothing like true bonding over a great holiday!
5. Best travel experience?
For party – the full moon party in Koh Phangan. For adventure – hiking and white water rafting in Madagascar. For culture – exploring life in Cuba.
6. Best encounter while travelling?
Thinking of animals..the wild lemurs in Madagascar (they are not shy at all!) and orca whales approaching us metres away from our kayaks in Canada.
7. What culture, other than yours, do you feel more connected to and why?
The Thai culture, which is more about being a good person, respect and doing good to others. It’s a way of life that I really appreciate and love.
8. What difference does travelling bring to your life?
It makes me more open-minded, aware of people and appreciate everything more.
9. What object do you always have with you when travelling and why?
My camera! I love to take pictures and it’s a great way to remember the exact places that i’ve been to years later, especially with my terrible memory!
10. Your favourite travel blog/website?
Ah good question! Probably Lief Petterson’s blog Killing Batteries. He is hilarious.
11. Share a funny or awkward episode happened while travelling…
Being attacked by monkeys in a temple in Bali..awkward.
I’d like to nominate these fellow bloggers:
- Travel Fudge
- La Vale and Her World
- Xpat Dive Guide
- Just a Girl in London
- Life’s Big and Small Adventures
- Arianna’s Random Thoughts
- My Guilty Pleasures
- Belle of the Carnival’s Blog
- Hopeless Wanderer
- Just Be. Love All. Live Life.
- For the Intolerants
And finally here are my 11 questions to you!
- If you could travel anywhere you wanted right now, where would it be?
- Have you ever travelled solo, and do you prefer it to travelling with friends/family?
- If you could have any superpower, which one would you choose?
- What excites you the most?
- What’s your worst travel experience?
- Would you rather go sky diving or bunjy jumping?
- Where is your favourite beach destination?
- If you had 24 hours to live, what would you do?
- What’s your best travel story?
- If you could only listen to 1 song for the rest of you life, which song would you choose?
- If you could have only 1 food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Looking forward to reading your answers!